Here are some of the parts your will need. All Napa part numbers:
- 2 sets lift support brackets (ball studs) #725-1591
- 2 Lifters #819-5591
- 4 nuts to fit lift ball studs
- 2 fender washers to fit lift ball studs
- 2 nylon washers to fit lift ball studs
- 1 set (2) of factory hood lifters working or not (I sold my good ones and got some shot ones)
- Remove the mounting bracket from the factory lifters by drilling the rivet out and save the washer and mounting bracket.
- Install the ball stud into the mounting bracket using the original washer on one side and a nylon washer and nut on the other side.
- Install bracket and ball stud assemble on to car. (Use the factory bolts)
- Locate the spot on the hood where the factory lifters would go (you should see a spot on the hood from the mold where the lifters would go) drill a hole the size of the shank of the ball studs.
- Then drill an access hole in the under side of the hood near the hole for the ball stud. (This hole is to get a nut on the backside of the ball stud. I try gluing the ball studs into the hood and they only held for a couple of weeks)
- Install the ball stud into the hood with the fender washer on the outside and the nut on the inside of the hood. (If you can put a washer or locknut on the inside of the nut for more support)
- Install the new lifters on to the new top and bottom ball studs. (Push the clip tops down on the lifters to hold them in place.)