APPLICABILITY: LEGACY, IMPREZA AND SVX EQUIPPED WITH ABS BRAKES
ABS RELAY STICKING
Should you encounter the following condition(s) please follow the trouble shooting chart as shown.
- The ABS Hydraulic Unit Motor continues to run and/or buzz when the ignition key is turned to the off position.
- The ABS warning light comes on and a trouble code "52" for a faulty hydraulic motor and/or motor relay is stored in memory.
Note: It is possible for this condition to occur intermittently. Under these conditions the symptoms may not always be duplicated.
- Check if the ABS Hydraulic Unit Motor is running or if you can duplicate the condition.
- If the Hydraulic Unit Motor is running, does it continue to run with the key in the off position?
- Confirm the trouble code, if any, and trouble shoot according to the Diagnostic Chart in the corresponding Service Manual.
- Replace the ABS Hydraulic Unit Motor Relay with a modified one. The new part number is 26735AA012. The new relay can be identified by a white line under the word Japan on the relay case.
Note: Always check the part number supersession for any changes.
- If the wiring harness is at fault repair and/or replace as necessary.
The new ABS Motor Relay has been changed in production begining with the following VIN's.
|Legacy (SIA built):