ALL TURBO MODELS
OXYGEN SENSOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE FOR ALL TURBO MODELS
THIS BULLETIN IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY
Tools and Materials Required:
- 3/8" Drive Ratchet
- Oxygen Sensor Socket P/N 499990110
- Spray Penetrant (WD-40, CRC5-56, Kroil, etc.)
- Anti-sieze Compound (Never Sieze, Jet Lube # 55-30, etc.)
- Torque Wrench
ALLOW EXHAUST CENTER PIPE TO COOL TO THE TOUCH BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE OXYGEN SENSOR FROM VEHICLE.
- Remove spare tire and supporter assembly.
- Disconnect oxygen sensor wire harness at connector.
- Spray base of oxygen sensor with penetrant oil and allow to stand for one (1) minute or more.
- Using Special Tool (P/N 499990110), and a 3/8" ratchet, "TIGHTEN" (Rotate Clockwise), the oxygen sensor until you feel it move slightly. This will help loosen any carbon which may surround the threads.
- "LOOSEN" (Rotate Counter-Clockwise) the oxygen sensor approximately 1/8 turn and spray penetrant on the base of oxygen sensor once again. It may be necessary to rotate the oxygen sensor back and forth several times while spraying penetrant oil on the base of sensor to completely free it from the exhaust pipe. CARE MUST BE TAKEN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE EXHAUST PIPE THREADS.
- Coat oxygen sensor threads with an anti-seize compound and torque it to specifications: 18-25 ft.lbs. (2.5-3.5 kg/m, 25-34).
- Reconnect the oxygen sensor harness.
- Re-install the supporter assembly and spare tire.
Warranty claim information can be found in the Subaru Flat Rate Manual for vehicles within the terms of the Subaru Limited Warranty.