TSB 87-48 (Aug)
SUBJECT: Metal sealing rings
PROBLEM: Slipping, or sometimes no-shift
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Sealing rings could be under-size.
- Always inspect rings as outlined in SIL 84-29
- Place ring in bore of drum where they will be running. (See Figures 1 & 2)
- Sealing rings should be snug in bore; rings should fit all around the drum. (drum could be out-of-round)
- Air check all drums. (Use 30 PSI air pressure only.) If air escapes you have leaks -- better find now, than later. This represents lost clutch pressure, and could result in soft application and burned friction material.
- Following these steps will help you save money, plus help you build better units.