This place usually has them for about $110 and will ship to you - http://www.subaruworld.com
- Disconnect battery.
- Remove the plastic shroud over the alternator.
- Loosen the nut on the left side pulley.
- Loosen the tension bolt and remove the belt. (Counter clockwise is loosening the tension)
- Buy and new Alternator belt.
- Disconnect the connection at the top left of the alternator.
- Unplug the tan plug in the back left side of the alternator. (there is a little clip that holds it in place.)
- Remove both bolts that hold alternator on.
- One on left side and one on the right. (Those are the only 2 holding it in place.
- Grab a hold of the alternator and rotate up and down until it comes loose.
Then reverse the procedure to replace.